Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Dinner

When I grew up, Sunday was family day.  We usually went to visit my grandparents in the afternoon and came home and ate a big meal together as a family.  I really miss those days and the time spent with my grandparents.  I had the greatest grandparents in the world.  I always said they trained the best grandparents how to be grandparents.  I don't have my grandparents anymore, but they left me with so many fabulous memories and a supply of endless love.

Sunday dinner was the biggest meal of the week.  Now that I'm the one cooking dinner, I may not always prepare a big meal, but I prepare one that usually takes a little longer since I have more time to work on it.  Tonight I made chicken patties, black eye peas, rice, and chocolate chip cookies.  I'm posting the recipe for the chicken patties for you to enjoy.  Sometimes ground chicken can be hard to find, but you can usually find it at Ingles.

Chicken Patties

 1 lb. ground chicken
1 cup of plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
½ - ¾  cup of milk
1 egg

In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.  Beat together with a fork.  In a plastic bag, mix the flour, salt, and pepper.  Divide ground chicken into 4 portions and roll into a ball.  Dip chicken into milk and egg mixture and then place in bag with flour and shake to coat.  Repeat this step again.  If you have a George Foreman, dip the chicken balls in the milk mixture one more time and then place on the George Foreman until golden brown (about 8 minutes).  If you don’t have a George Foreman, put a little oil in a frying pan and heat up.  DO NOT roll the chicken balls in the milk mixture again.  Place flour coated chicken in the frying pan and flatten with a spatula.   Brown on each side.  Remove from pan and place chicken on paper towels to help absorb the oil off the meat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment