Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Leftovers

Do you ever make a beef roast or pork roast and have a hunk of meat leftover that you hate to throw away, but don't feel like eating anymore of it?  What do you do with it?  Let me share with you what I do.  If I have a hunk of beef or pork or a chicken breast, I label it in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer.  I know, it's not enough for a meal.  Or is it?  I save it and use it to make Brunswick stew.  The first time I had this recipe I was at a church function.  I made a few little changes to the recipe and came up with my own version.  I made a crock pot full of this and took it to a Sunday School social after Christmas and everybody loved it.  I hope you do too!


Brunswick Stew


1 cup shredded pork
1 cup shredded beef
1 cup shredded chicken
1 can of creamed corn
1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
1 can of English peas, drained
1 can of tomato soup
1 can of tomatoes
1 can chopped potatoes – don’t drain
1 onion chopped
2 Tb. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup BBQ sauce

I use my small food processor to chop up the meat, tomatoes, and potatoes.  I mix everything together and put it in the crock pot.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Leftovers can be frozen.  :)

Hint:  I use the crock pot liners to make clean up quick and easy.  Crock pot liners are one of the BEST inventions EVER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment