Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Delicioso!

Sometimes I want a change from the regular, everyday food I prepare.  When I start feeling this way, it usually means we are going to have something for dinner that falls in the category of Mexican or Italian.  Tonight I chose Mexican!  Yum-O!  I could eat Mexican food several times a week if it were up to me.  Unfortunately, there are others in my home that like Mexican, but not as much as I do so I have to mix it up.  As they say, "Variety is the spice of life."  Here are a few Mexican dishes to add to your recipe box!

Quesadillas

Flour tortillas at room temperature
1 onion chopped
Monterrey Jack Cheese slices
Butter

Place a chopped onion in a bowl and place a tsp. of butter in the bowl.  Cover with a piece of wax paper and microwave for 3 minutes.  Melt some butter in a pan.  Lay a tortilla in the pan for a moment.  Take tortilla out and flip it to the other side.  Lay Monterrey Jack cheese on 1/2 of the tortilla.  Sprinkle onions on top.  Fold the tortilla and brown on each side.

Options:
You can add a variety of other ingredients to individualize your quesadilla. You might enjoy adding:
shredded chicken
spinach
mushrooms (cook first)
chopped tomatoes
guacamole
sour cream
salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment