Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Dreams?

If you know me, you know that I have the craziest dreams a person can have.  Last night was no different.  I dreamed it was Thanksgiving Day and everyone was coming to my house to eat.  In my dream, I had not bought the first bit of food or started any kind of cooking!  Needless to say, this was a little stressful.  All the grocery stores were closed and people were starting to arrive.  I woke up and started thinking about Thanksgiving favorites.  We all seem to have our specialties.  My mother always wants me to make a corn dish she loves and my kids like my squash casserole.  I think my son would sit down and eat the whole dish by himself if he could.  My sister-in-law is half Japanese and makes the BEST fried rice and she makes it for every family gathering.  If we didn't have fried rice, we would all be so disappointed.  My other sister-in-law makes the best sweet potato souffle.  My sister and niece make the green bean casserole and another niece makes an Oreo Cake.  I don't have the recipe for the Oreo Cake right now, but as soon as I get it, I'll post it.  It's very rich and very good.  So, here are some recipes you might want to use at Thanksgiving this year.  As I get pictures, I'll add them in.



Squash Casserole

2 cups cooked squash, drained well
2 cups cracker crumbs
1 egg
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ stick butter
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix all together and bake at 375 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes until brown.

 I decided to sprinkle a little more cheese on top and cook it for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
This is only half of the recipe.  I put the other half in a pan and put it in the freezer for dinner another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment