Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Couponing

As I may have mentioned before, I have a passion for coupons.  O.K.  Not really for coupons, but for saving money.  After I walk away with big savings, I feel like I have beat the stores at their own game or at least gave them a good run for the money.  When I have a "GREAT DEAL DAY," I walk away with such an internal rush.  I can't wait to go home to show my savings to my hubby and make him guess how much I spent.  Today I had a good savings day.  Here is what I came home with.
12 rolls of Bounty paper towels, 16 rolls of Charmin toilet paper, 2 boxes of Puffs kleenex, and 4  12 pack boxes of Coke Zero.  How much did I spend?  $25.43 PLUS $3 in Extra Care Bucks to spend toward my next purchase at CVS.  I saved $15.50 in coupons and a total savings with coupons and sales prices of $34.84!  Before the savings, I would have spent over $60 for this.  That is about a 58% savings!!  After my $10 of ECB and 2 $1.00 coupons, I spent $1.39 for the 4 boxes of Coke.

Another thing I'm excited about is that I have been asked to teach a couple of couponing classes.  The first one will be at my house at 1:00 on September 24th.  The other one will be October 17th at 4:30 at Meadowcreek Elementary.  Let me know if you would like to attend one of these events!

No comments:

Post a Comment