Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Making Changes for the Better


I found a new recipe this week that sounded pretty good.  By the time I made a few changes to it, it sounded even better.  Below is the new and improved recipe.  I made it for dinner last night and I can say it was good.  Since there are just 2 of us left in the house now, I didn't want to make it in the big 9x13 pan.  I used 2 of the smaller aluminum pans and froze one of them.  Now I have dinner ready for another night!  YAY!  I forgot to take a picture of it until we were half way through dinner.  I'll take a picture when I cook the other half.

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

3/4cup sour cream
1 can chicken broth
1 Tb. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp black pepper
1 ½ cup instant rice, uncooked
2 cups cooked cubed chicken
½ cup diced ham
1  6 oz. package Swiss cheese slices, cut into small pieces
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
½ cup plain bread crumbs
2 Tb. butter, melted
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Whisk together sour cream, chicken broth, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.  Add rice, chicken, ham, Swiss cheese, and peas and carrots.  Mix with a spoon.  Pour into a 9x13 pan or 2 smaller pans for freezing.  Mix bread crumbs, butter, and Parmesan cheese.  Spread evenly over the top of the casserole.  Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment