Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

This One's For You, Daddy!

I have had my Daddy on my mind all day.  He always liked dried butter beans, corn bread, and collard greens.  I never liked collard greens, but my husband does.  So I went all out today and made a meal fit for a king.  A king that lives in the South, that is.  A king that is called hubby or Daddy.  I have to admit, I didn't cook the meat.  Kroger had a sale on ribs that were already cooked.  It was such a good deal, I couldn't pass them up.  Here's what dinner looked like.

Hubby claims the collard greens were the best yet.  I was willing to take his opinion for it.  The thought of putting that grass-like substance in my mouth was revolting.  GAG!  Here is what I did when I cooked them.

Collard Greens

1 package frozen collard greens
Enough water to cover the greens
1/2 package of ham seasoning
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tb. butter

Mix all together and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about an hour.


I did enjoy the ribs, cornbread, and butter beans.  And I thought of my Daddy with every bite I took.  This one was for you Daddy!  You would have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment