Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Planning Ahead

I went to the grocery store today and decided to cook up some packs of ground turkey so it would be ready to use for a quick meal.  I go ahead and cook it completely then chop it up in my little food processor.  I divide it into one pound packages and put it in the freezer.
Here's a recipe I got from my daughter.  It's quick and easy when you have already cooked the ground turkey.


Taco in a Pan

1 lb. ground turkey (or beef, if you prefer)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup water
2 cups quick cooking brown rice
½ cup shredded cheddar
Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes
Sour cream
Tortilla chips
Optional:  salsa, pinto beans or black beans, chopped green onions, sliced black olives

Brown the meat, drain, and chop.  Add water and taco seasoning to the skillet; mix together.  Add beans now if you choose.  Bring to a boil.  Add rice and top with cheese.  Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.  Crush tortillas chips onto your plate.  Add mixture on top.  Then top with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and any other toppings you like. 


I checked my tomato plant today and found a nice surprise.  I'll be using these this week!

There were two more, but I sliced them up for dinner. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I think I have all of the ingredients to try this tomorrow.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete