Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Raiding The Frig!



I just came home from spending a couple of days at my daughter's house with the grandbabies.  Every time I see then, I fall in love even more.  How can that be?  But it's true!  It melts my heart to see them get excited when I walk in the door and to hear them say, "I love you" without being prompted.  Oh my goodness!  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  Next week they are coming to stay with me for a few daysI have some fun things planned.  One is a game I found on Face Book.  Each kid will have a basket that has holes all in it.  They hold the basket on their heads and I will throw water balloons in them.  The balloons pop and they get all wet!  I bought a box of those balloons you attach to a hose and you can fill up a hundred balloons in no time.  This should be FUN!  Another day I think we will go see Great Grandma and go swimming another.  Who knows what else might be in store for those little angels!

While I was at my daughter's house I was looking through the refrigerator and found a small container of a shrimp salad.  Yes, I ate it, but don't judge me.  I had already fed the kids the leftover pizza I had picked up the night before and I was hungry.  They were all about to go out of town and by the time they got back, it would have been bad.  Plus I fixed a big dinner for them that night so it wouldn't have been eaten anyway.  You should be glad I did eat it.  If I hadn't, I wouldn't be sharing the recipe with you now.  She found it on Pinterest and I gave you the website it came from in case you want to see what else Skinnytaste.com has.  I'm going to check it out!  In the meantime, I'm having it for dinner tonight!
  
Zesty Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Skinnytaste.com
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • juice of 2 limes
  • 3 drops Lime essential oil
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
  • 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
  • 1 medium tomato, diced 
  • 1 medium avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and chopped, if desired 
  • 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or 1 drop cilantro essential oil
Directions:

In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.  In a medium sized bowl, combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, and jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.






No comments:

Post a Comment