Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Do You Know The Muffin (Wo)Man?

So here it is the day before I have to return to work and I should be doing a million things.  Instead, I'm making muffins.  Why?  Why not?  All that other stuff will get done eventually.  I'm feeling a little melancholy right now.  Summer went by so quickly and I really like not working.  Maybe I could sell muffins instead teaching.  That would make me happy.  I could make all kinds of muffins and I may even sing the Muffin Man song as I sell my muffins.  Or maybe not.  That would probably drive people away.  So if you work with me and you don't see me tomorrow, you'll know I'm at home making muffins.  These are so good, you may find me at home eating muffins!  With that thought, I guess I'd better return to work so I don't start looking like a big, fluffy muffin!



Blueberry Banana Muffins

1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk, just measure ¼ cup of milk, then add a drop or two of lemon juice and let it sit for a few minutes)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ½  cup blueberries  (frozen works well)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare your muffin tins by using paper liners or silicone muffin liners.  Beat the butter & sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy – about 2-3 minutes.  Beat in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.  Beat in bananas.  Gradually add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt at low speed.  Add blueberries and gently stir.  Spoon the batter into your muffin tins.  Bake for 15 minutes for mini muffins or 20-25 minutes for regular sized muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment