Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Dreams Really Do Come True!

Wouldn't it be a dream if you could make a complete meal in one dish?  Well, I am about to make your dream come true!  This is a simple recipe and you can do the prep work ahead of time if you'd like.  I diced up my squash, zucchini, onion, and tomatoes ahead of time and put them in a gallon sized ziploc bag and put them in the refrigerator.  The mushrooms were already sliced when I bought them.  I only used 2 chicken breasts and cut them in half.  This is a great recipe when you know you're going to have a busy day because you can cut the veggies up the night before if you need to.  With school about to start back, we can all use an easy recipe.  Oh, and I forgot to mention ... there's very little clean up!  I think I just hit a home run!  Hold on.  It's about to get EVEN BETTER!  We have enough for LEFTOVERS!!!!!  Leftovers = a day I don't have to cook!  (insert BIG smile)



Chicken Veggie Bake

 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chicken bouillon
2 yellow squash
2 zucchini
1 onion
8 oz. sliced mushrooms
a handful of grape tomatoes, sliced
pepper to taste
Mrs. Dash to taste

Slice squash, zucchini, onions, and tomatoes.  Mix sliced veggies and mushrooms together.  Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish and place veggies in the dish.  Sprinkle pepper and Mrs. Dash on top.  Place chicken on top of vegetables.  Pour chicken bouillon over the top.  Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 30 minute.  Remove foil and cook for 30 more minutes.  You’ll have plenty of vegetables for seconds!


No comments:

Post a Comment