Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Saucey!

I don't care if it is winter.  I still like to cook on the grill.  I cook on the grill year round. Yes, I have been known to cook on the grill when we've had several inches of snow.  Why do I enjoy grilling so much?  Three words ... less clean up.  When I cook things like chicken, I always wrap it in foil so I don't have flare ups.  Tonight I made barbeque chicken with my own homemade barbeque sauce. To me, it's better than the store bought kind and it doesn't take that long to make.  Try it.  You'll like it!


Barbeque Sauce

 1 cup ketchup
2/3 cup water
2 Tb. brown sugar
2 tsp. dried minced onion
1 tsp. chili powder
½ tsp. instant coffee

Combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil in a saucepan.  Reduce heat and stir constantly for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment