Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bananas!

Do you like bananas?  I don't like the way bananas feel in my mouth, but I do like the taste of bananas.  I suppose I have a weird texture complex.  I feel the same way about oatmeal, but love foods with oatmeal in them.  I guess we all have oddities and I will be the first to admit that I probably have more than most people.  Is it odd that I sometimes I like to have breakfast for dinner.  Absoultely NOT!  Here's a recipe for Banana Pancakes.  These are good for breakfast OR dinner!  I'm sorry I don't have a picture of this one.

Banana Pancakes

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 over ripe bananas, mashed

Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil, and bananas.  Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.  Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment