Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Eve Celebrations


 Last night I had the best dinner since Christmas Eve.  What made it so special?  I had both of my kids and grandkids here.  Too bad my son-in-law couldn't make it.  He had to work.  It's not that I made a fabulous dinner, but the company was the best!  My husband and son were at our son's house all day installing a new kitchen sink, faucet, and disposal.  This is always good bonding time.  My daughter continued a tradition she and a dear friend have had since 8th grade.  They ALWAYS go to lunch and a movie on New Years Eve.  I'm so glad that she and her friend do this every year.  I had the best job though.  I got to keep and love on two of the sweetest babies in the WORLD!  We all had special things to do during the day, but we all came back together for dinner, conversation, and entertainment from the grandkids.  Since we were all busy during the day, dinner was soup and salad.  This soup is another one of my favorites.  There was no better way to end 2011.


Broccoli Cheese Soup

1 12 oz. pkg. of frozen chopped broccoli
1 15 oz. Cheez Whiz
1 pkg. fresh sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 medium onion, chopped
1/8 tsp basil
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 ½ cups of milk

Break the mushrooms into smaller pieces.  Mix all ingredients together.  Heat and stir frequently until hot.

This is what was leftover.  I forgot to take the picture after I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment