Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

I Lost My Cookies!

Facebook has so many good recipes pop up from different web sites.  I am always saving them.  A couple of weeks ago I found a lemon cookie recipe that sounded good.  I went out and bought 2 lemons and came home ready to make cookies.  I had all the other ingredients, BUT I COULDN'T FIND THE RECIPE.  GRRRRRR!!!  Friends started sending me recipes, but they weren't the same.  Others had suggestions for how I could find it.  No luck.  I went to Tasty.com.  Nope, not there.  Finally, I put lemon cookies in the search and there it was!!!  I was thrilled!  I saved it on FB and on my computer and now it's on my blog.  This recipe will never be lost again.  Today I made the cookies with a few minor adjustments!  They are good, but they're not real sweet.  Hubby likes them and I'm taking some in my lunch tomorrow.  I hope you enjoy them too!



Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies


2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup (2 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup lemon juice - Use 2 lemons
2 drops lemon doTERRA essential oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Icing:

3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
lemon zest  or 3 drops doTERRA Lemon essential oil

 In a large mixing bowl , cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth, then mix in sugar and beat until creamy.  Mix in an egg and vanilla extract, and beat until fluffy and lightened in color.  In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon essential oil, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.  Add in the flour mixture and the lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture.  Mix until a rough dough comes together. You may need to add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky.  Put dough in plastic Ziploc bag, then refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until chilled.  When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º.  Line a  baking sheet with parchment paper.  Spray your hands with Pam and roll cookie dough into balls and lay the cookie balls on the parchment paper. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown and pull away from baking sheet.  Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely.  

To make icing: whisk together powdered sugar, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your icing. If icing is too thick, add more milk by the teaspoon.  Let cookies cool before topping them with icing.  Top with a sprinkle of lemon zest.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment