Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Apple of My Eye

A co-worker told me how she added baked apples in her yogurt to make a healthy, fulfilling snack.  So I decided to try it and it was delicious!  I have started baking apples, mashing them up, and putting them in CarbMaster Vanilla yogurt (Kroger brand) for breakfast.  To make it a little more filling, I add in about two tablespoons of Kashi cereal.  I can mix it up before I go to bed so the morning isn't slowed down by making breakfast.  Plus, it's one less thing to think about before my brain starts to function.  Hubby tried it and he liked it too!  I bet this will become one of your favorites!!



Baked Apples

4 apples
½ cup of water
Cinnamon to taste
2 – 3 tsp brown sugar
Spray butter
Chopped pecans, if desired


Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam.  Peel and core apples.  Slice in half and place flat side of apple up.  Spray each apple half with 2 squirts of spray butter and sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top followed by a ½ tsp or so of brown sugar.  Top with pecans, if desired.  Pour a ½ cup of water into the bottom of the baking dish.  Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

For breakfast or a snack, mash one of the apple halves, add in 1 container of vanilla yogurt, and 2 tablespoons of Kashi. Stir well and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment