Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Vacation Woes


We were on vacation last week and it rained every day.  Since we don't have cable at home, it gave me a chance to catch up on a lot of HGTV shows.  I also did a great deal of surfing the internet on my phone.  I've never used up the 4G time on my phone, but I did last week!  While cruising the internet, I found a new recipe and I'm making it for dinner tonight.  The more I looked at it, the more I felt it needed changes.  So I made the changes and here it is!  I also learned that you can freeze quinoa after it is cooked.  I never knew that before!

Quinoa with Zucchini and Spinach

2 cups cooked quinoa
2 medium zuchinni, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 large tomato, diced
2 Tb. garlic
1 container of fresh mushrooms, diced
1/2 bag of spinach (my bag was 9 oz.)
2 Tb. olive oil
1 Tb. water
1/4 tsp salt

Dice the tomato and set it aside.

In a large pan, over medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic. Cover and let cook for about 8 minutes.  Stir a couple of times. Next, add in the mushrooms, zucchini, quinoa, tomato, water, and salt. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and let cook for another 5-7 minutes. Stir every couple of minutes.  Add in the spinach and let cook another 3 minutes. 

You could add cubed chicken to the dish and make it a complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment