Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

More Pasta, More Memories

Summer is a great time for cold salads; especially pasta salad.  This is a recipe a friend of mine's mother used to make when we were kids.  I got the recipe from her when I was a teenager.  I suppose it's sort of strange for your child's friend to want one of your recipes when they are still school age, but that's the kind of kid I was.  She was like a second mother to me.  I spent as much time at her house as I did my own.  Thank you Mrs. Jeffcoat for the memories and the pasta salad.

Pasta Salad

1 box tri-color Rotini pasta
3 ribs of celery, thinly sliced
1/4 - 1/2 cup pickle relish
1 package diced ham
3 diced eggs
Mayo to taste
Salt and pepper, optional

Cook pasta and drain.  Boil eggs and dice up.  Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Chill.
*You can also add shredded carrots, sliced black olives, or frozen peas if desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment