Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Good Times, Good Friends, Good Cake

This past weekend a bunch of my friends (aka co-workers) got together for fun, sun, and food.  One of our friends was gracious enough to open her home and pool to about 25 of us.  We had a great time full of talking, laughter, and eating.  Even our kids (grandkids in my case) had fun together.  It's sad that some of these friends won't be coming back to the same school next year, but they are moving on to better opportunities and I wish them much luck and happiness in their new positions.  These are good-hearted, dependable people.  They are the kind of friends who always look out for each other, lift you up during tough times, and can tell what you're thinking by simply looking at you.  Sweet, loving people who have your back all the time.  I'm really going to miss them.  Thank goodness EVERYONE isn't leaving!  I'd have a nervous breakdown if that happened!  Hooray for my friends who will be returning to my same school next year.  I love them so much!  You are all what make my workdays happy!

I took a cake to share with my friends.  This recipe came from my sister and it is SUPER EASY!!!  Yes, two of my favorite words when it comes to food.  It's a Lemon Strawberry cake and it's perfect for hot summer days because it's cool and light. I may have to make another one.  Soon.

Lemon Strawberry Cake

1 lemon cake mix, prepare as directed
1 16 oz. container of fresh strawberries
1 tub of Cool Whip
doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil

Prepare the cake as directed on the box, but add 3 drops of doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil.  Let it cool.  Wash the strawberries and slice them up. Lay the strawberries on top of the cake and cover with Cool Whip that has had 4 drops of doTERRA Lemon Essential oil mixed in.  Store in the refrigerator to keep cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment