Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Make Ahead Breakfast Idea



The hubby had his first shoulder surgery after his accident.  Now he will have to be one handed for six months until he can have his next surgery.  Then he'll be one handed again.  I am having to leave his eats and drinks pre-made for the day before I go to work.  I feel better knowing he won't starve to death while I'm away.  I made half of the frittatas for him and half for me so I can grab, heat, and eat on my way out the door.  The nice thing about this recipe is you can individualize each one to each person's taste.  The hubby has ham and cheese in his while I have ham, cheese, broccoli, mushrooms, and onions in mine.

Grab and Go Frittatas

6 large eggs
1/3 cup half  and half
¼ tsp salt
dash of pepper
Assorted mix ins (shredded cheeses, broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, onions, cooked and chopped bacon, ham, or sausage)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray your 12 cup muffin tin with Pam or you can use the silicone cupcake cups.  The frittatas stick to the paper cups.  Put your veggies, meats, and cheeses in each cup.

Whisk your eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.  Pour the mixture into a measuring cup and pour the mixture into the muffin cups.   Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.  If you used a muffin tin to bake them in, you may need to run a knife around the edge of each one to loosen them.  Makes 12 little frittatas.  You can microwave 2 frittatas for 1 minute before heading out the door.




No comments:

Post a Comment