Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chicken and Dumplings for Two (or Three)



I was talking to my mother on the phone on my way home the other night.  She was eating chicken and dumplings as we talked.   When she told me what she was eating, I wanted some.  I haven't been able to get past this craving since the words left her mouth and entered my ear.  Tonight I made some for the hubby and myself.  It made enough for 3 bowls.  I plan to take the third bowl for lunch Monday.  Isn't it funny how we can hear a food and then feel like we must have it?

Chicken and Dumplings

1 large can of canned chicken or you can boil a chicken and cut it up
2 cans of chicken broth
2 tsp. chicken bouillon
½ stick of butter
salt and pepper to taste
1 small can of biscuits

Mix everything together except the biscuits.  Bring to a boil. 
Roll out biscuits until they are flat.  Cut biscuits up into small pieces with a pizza cutter.  Drop the pieces into the boiling water and let cook for about 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment