Pages

Friday, July 27, 2018

Peachy Memories

When my kids were small, there was a restaurant close by called Po' Folks.  Most of them have closed, but the few that are left are now called Folks.  When you ordered your food at the Po' Folks restaurant, you had a choice of biscuits, corn muffins, or peach muffins.  YES!  PEACH. MUFFINS.  They were so good!  They would bring a basket full of muffins for the table to share.  Each bite was like a little visit to heaven on Earth. 

 I have some great neighbors.  Today one of them brought us a dozen fresh peaches!  Hubby brings them in and asks if I'm going to make a peach cobbler.  I told him that peach muffins come first.  There are plenty of peaches left to make a cobbler ... tomorrow.  As I type this, I am waiting for the first dozen to come out of the oven. I can't wait to eat one (or two).  I hope mine are as good as the ones in my memory.  I'll let you know in a few minutes.

Update:  These are really good, but they don't have the sticky sweetness on the outside that Po' Folks had.  Hmmm.  Maybe I should sprinkle the tops with sugar when they come out of the oven.  I'll try that on the next batch that comes out.  Next time, I might mash the peaches instead of dicing them.


Peach Muffins

2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
*2 cups flour / gluten free flour is another option
*1 tsp baking powder
*1/2 tsp baking soda
*1/2 tsp salt
2 cups fresh diced peaches (about 3 peaches)
1 Tb. sugar

Dice peaches and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over them.  Set aside.  Mix eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream. Sift dry ingredients and add peaches. Fold together until blended. Spoon in lined muffin pan. Bake @ 400 for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle tops with sugar, if desired.  This recipe made 20 muffins.

*You can use 2 cups of self-rising flour, but if you do, leave out the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment