Pages

Friday, July 6, 2018

Hubby Had A Birthday!!

Yes, Hubby had a birthday yesterday!  Poor thing got a little overlooked on his day.  My 88 year old aunt was taken to the hospital with a BP of 42/18.  She is not well.  I stayed with my mom and cousin at the hospital for a good portion of the day.  I sat in on the details for arranging hospice care, shared stories, tears, and lots of love.  In the meantime, hubby was at home doing the finishing touches for rebuilding our deck.  It looks beautiful!  The original deck had some problems with rot, but not any more.  Mr. Fix-It took care of it and it's better than what the builder did.  Yep, Hubby can fix anything!  But with everything we had going on yesterday, he didn't get a cake, or a pie, or anything for his birthday.  :(   So today I made him something special.  He is enjoying the heck out of it too!  Here's the recipe so you can enjoy it as well!

Brownie Ice Cream Cake

1 brownie mix (prepared according to directions) 
1 carton of ice cream, softened (I used vanilla)
4 Heath Bars (or candy of your choice)
Caramel or chocolate topping

Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.  I baked mine in a 9x13 dish.  Bake and let cool completely.  With a plastic knife, cut the brownies into squares.  The plastic knife keeps the brownies from tearing up.  Spread the softened ice cream over the top of the brownies.  Crush the candy bars into tiny pieces.  I used my little food processor for this job.  Spread candy bar crumbles over the top of the ice cream, then drizzle caramel or chocolate syrup/topping on the top.  Cover and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.  Since you pre-cut the brownies, serving this will be a breeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment