Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Food Frenzy

Today I have been a wild woman in the kitchen.  I have cooked sweet potatoes, butter peas, roasted cauliflower and asparagus, cooked fresh green beans with red potatoes, and sauteed squash and zucchini.  I still need to boil some cabbage. I went to Sprouts Thursday night and came home with tons of stuff.  The squash and zucchini dish is my husband's current favorite veggie so I'm going to share that with you today.  We'll be eating good this week!

Sauteed Yellow Squash and Zucchini

3 yellow squash, sliced
3 zucchini, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
olive oil
Salt & Pepper, to taste 
a little water

Put oil in a pan over medium heat.  Add onions and garlic.  Cover and cook until onions are tender.  Add in zucchini and squash.  Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.  Add a little water to help steam veggies.  Cook until tender.


No comments:

Post a Comment