Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Two Thumbs Up


A Face Book friend posted this recipe from Tried and True todayI must admit, I tried it and it was truly good.  The hubby told me three times how good it was.  Then he asked me how hard it was to make.  I told him it would be a weekend meal during the school year unless I could do some prep work in advance.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you had all the ingredients on hand, but I didn't so I had to go to the grocery store ... on a Saturday.  I had just bought groceries yesterday.  Now I must admit, I don't mind going to the grocery store during the day if it's during the week, but weekends, well, yuk!  The nice thing about this recipe is that it's a complete meal in one pan. I made a couple of changes to the recipe and the way I prepared it.  Nothing drastic, just making it more to my taste and easier clean up.

 I was also making 3 other items while I was working on this so it's really hard to say how much trouble it was.  It probably wouldn't be bad if you go ahead and clean and slice the chicken before hand and slice up the zucchini in advance.  I also made a crustless spinach quiche (which makes it gluten free), shrimp and avocado salad, and lima beans today too.  If I haven't already posted the quiche and salad, I will.

Anyways, I give this one a 2 thumbs up!

Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Zucchini

·       2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half
·       8 tablespoons butter, divided
·       ½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
·       ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
·       ¼ cup plain flour or gluten free flour
·       3 medium zucchini, sliced
·       2 tsp. minced garlic 
*    water, if needed 
  1. In a large pan melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. To make the chicken: Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. In a plastic bag or ziploc bag mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and flour. Dip the chicken in the butter, put them in the bread crumb mixture, shake to coat, and place in the skillet.  Add left over butter to skillet.
  2. Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. You may need to add a little water if the coating becomes too dark.  Set aside on a  plate.
  3. Put zucchini in the bag with remaining bread crumb mixture and shake.
  4. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the skillet and saute the minced garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet, cover, and saute until tender.  You can also add a little water to help steam the zucchini.  Add two tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Return the chicken back to the skillet on top of the zucchini, cover, and heat for a couple more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment