Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Veggies for Breakfast

Mornings are so busy in my house.  Maybe busy isn't the right word because I try to prepare as much as possible the night before.  I am a slow person in the morning.  I hate waking up early.  I like to wake up naturally and lay in bed for a little while before dragging my body out to face the world.  During the work week, I try to get every last second of sleep that I can.  Sometimes I accidentally get an extra half hour to hour of sleep.  Those mornings, I move FAST!  To make breakfast easier, I also prepare ahead.  I lay out everything I can the night before (a plate, cup, fork, vitamins, etc.).  Today I made a veggie breakfast casserole to have for breakfast this week. I can add a piece of fruit and breakfast is complete!  When I cut it into pieces, the 2 end pieces were really small, so the hubby and I had a little snack.  You could also add bacon, ham, or sausage to the mixture if you'd like.  I may add broccoli next time.  If you'd rather have cheddar cheese, you can do that too.  Try this out and let me know what you think.




Veggie Breakfast Casserole

1 Tb. olive oil
1 container of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, finely chopped
½  yellow, red, or orange bell pepper (optional)
1 tomato, diced (press juice out with paper towels)
¼ tsp salt
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
8 large eggs
½ cup milk
½ tsp. black pepper
¾ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese

In a pot, combine oil and mushrooms.  Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.  Add in onion, bell pepper, tomato, and salt.  Cover and cook for about another 5 minutes.  Add spinach to the mix and let wilt.  Stir well.  In a quart size Ziploc bag, put in the eggs and squish them up.  Add in milk, and pepper.  Press out the air and mix well.  Pour the mixture of the pot into a 9x13 glass dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.  Sprinkle cheese over the top.  Pour egg mixture on top of everything.  Use a fork to stir everything together.  Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment