Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Yoda-La-He-Oh



 When I was a kid, my mom would make something called Swiss Steak.  I don't think this recipe comes from Switzerland so I don't know why it's called SWISS steak.  What I do know is that it doesn't take long to make and it's good.  That's what I needed tonight.  I stayed up late last night watching a football game and I've been tired today.  Thank goodness for quick and easy recipes.  This one will make you want to yodel.  :)

Swiss Steak

4 piece of cube steak
plain flour (gluten free flour works too)
salt and pepper to taste
1 can of tomato soup
1 small onion, chopped
2 ribs of celery, chopped

Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag and mix.  Place the cube steak in the bag and shake to coat.  Put a little oil in a frying pan and brown each side of the cube steak.  Cover the steak with onions, celery, and tomato soup.  Make sure some of the soup gets under the meat.  If too thick, add a little water.  Simmer for about 10 minutes until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment