Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Winner, Winner, Meatloaf Dinner!



New Year's Day I sat down and wrote out a month of dinner ideas.  I love when I take the time to do this because I don't have to think about what I'm going to have for dinner and I can plan what I need to get at the grocery store.  I can also make sure I have pulled the meat out of the freezer I'll need for dinner before I go to work.  It's one less thing I have to think about when I come home tired.  Tonight's dinner was a recipe I've had for a while, but I had forgotten about it.  It turned out great, not dry at all, hubby really liked it, and there's enough for leftovers!!  WINNER, WINNER, MEATLOAF DINNER!

 

Meatloaf Vegetable Muffin


1 lb. ground beef (extra lean) or ground turkey
1/2 c. oatmeal (uncooked)
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped carrot
2 Tb. minced garlic
7 chopped fresh mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
½ c. egg beaters


Salt and pepper to taste



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Chop vegetables. Saute all the vegetables and garlic in a lightly oiled pan (olive oil) until done, but not mushy. Cool vegetables.

Combine meat, oatmeal (you can use gluten free), cooled cooked vegetables, chopped mushrooms, salt and pepper, and egg whites.

Spoon the meat mixture into a muffin tin sprayed w/ vegetable spray. Top each muffin w/ 1 T. catsup, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.  Make 12 equal size muffins.




No comments:

Post a Comment