Pages

Saturday, August 5, 2017

It's Been a Rough Week



 I had to return to week Monday.  Thank goodness I had leftovers in the refrigerator.  Thursday night I came home and was exhausted.  Hubby looked at me and said, "I don't think you need to cook dinner."  I was so tired, my entire body was hurting.  I went upstairs and soaked in the bath tub with Epsom salts and essential oils (Lavender, Bergamot, and Grapefruit).  I felt so much better afterwards.  Hubby even rubbed my feet with Deep Blue.  (I think I'll keep him.)  I came home Friday much better than I did Thursday.  I felt so much better, I actually cooked dinner!  I had some left over ham in the refrigerator and decided to use it to make soup.  It was really good.  I hope you like it as much as we did.  We had so much leftover, we'll be having it for dinner again Monday and I'll probably have it for lunch Tuesday.  :)

Ham and White Bean Soup

2 cups ham
1/4 cup butter
2 can White Northern beans 
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
32 oz chicken broth
4 stalks of celery
1/2 package match stick carrots
1 medium onion
Pepper to taste

Place the butter in a pot.  I chopped up the carrots, celery, onion in my mini food processor and then added it in the pot with the butter and sauteed until soft.  Add in the cream soups and beans.  Don't drain the beans.  Add in the chicken broth and stir until it's smooth and creamy.  I put the ham in the food processor too and chopped it up.  I had bought a small  ham and used the leftovers in the soup.  Sprinkle in pepper to taste.  Simmer on low for about 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment