Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Seafood Bisque

I usually have a story to go along with the recipes I post.  Not today.  I found a recipe online and changed it .  Why did I change it?  I went to the store and couldn't find all the ingredients or they were super expensive.  Who knew crab meat would be $27 a can!  So this soup has no crab meat.  I substituted scallops instead.  Then when I got home, I thought I had a couple of things and didn't so I substituted.  Bottom line is the soup tasted great!  I had 2 bowls!



Seafood Bisque 

3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup chopped green onion
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or Gluten free flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
8 -16 oz. frozen scallops (the small ones)
8 – 12 ounces small salad size frozen shrimp
2 tablespoons dry chicken bouillon

Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat; add the chopped green onion. Sauté until tender.  Add in the flour until blended. Stir in the milk and continue cooking and stirring until thickened.  Add the pepper, tomatoes, and heavy cream.  Put the soup in a blender or food processor then return it to the saucepan.  Stir in the scallops and shrimp. Bring to a simmer and serve.

Some of you might like to add a spoonful of sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment