Pages

Friday, July 7, 2017

Peanuuut, Peanut Butter

Every time I say the words peanut butter, I think of our music minister, Larry Mize.  He has made this song infamous at Vacation Bible School!  I would imagine most Vacation Bible Schools don't sing Peanut Butter and Jelly, but ours ALWAYS does!  Good memories, Larry!

Last week, one of my best friends, Susan, sold her house and moved on to the next chapter of her life.  I am so blessed to have been included in some of these chapters and look forward to being included in many more.  Once her house was packed into Pods she came to stay with me for a couple of days.  I was so excited to have her here.  We had a great dinner and I made a new dessert.  I had found a peanut butter dessert, but it contained gluten.  I have decided to try and go gluten free and cut back on dairy to see if I feel any changes from it.  So, as usual, I modified the recipe to meet my needs.  After we all had dessert, I realized I didn't take a picture.  I'm sorry!  I'll try to take a picture next time!


Peanut Butter Pudding Dessert

1 1/4 cups almond milk
1 box (3.4 ounces) instant sugar free vanilla pudding
1/2 cup peanut butter
8 ounces (1 container) fat free Cool Whip
1 cup Reese’s Pieces, for topping

Mix 1 1/4 cups almond milk with the pudding in a large bowl. Let it set for a few minutes, then stir in the peanut butter and half of the Cool Whip.  Spread the peanut butter mixture into an 8x8 glass dish.  Spread the rest of the whipped topping over the pudding mixture and sprinkle the top with Reese’s Pieces.  Chill for about 2 hours before serving.
 

2 comments: