Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Lazy Day Recipe




Today was a lazy, lay around kind of day.  I enjoyed every minute of it too.  Too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow.  I could do this all the time.  This is the perfect recipe for a lazy day.  You put everything in one pot to cook so you only have one pot to clean up.

I tried to take a picture, but my camera battery was dead.  Dang!



Chicken Zucchini Mushroom Pasta

4 ½ cups of water
1 lb mushrooms
2 Tb. minced garlic
1 cup of peas, frozen
Italian Seasoning to taste
2 zucchini, sliced
1 lb. spaghetti or fettuccini (I used whole grain)
salt and pepper to taste
½  cup milk
2 Tb. butter
2 tsp. flour
1/3 cup Parmesan, grated
1 diced chicken breast, if desired

In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, Italian seasoning, and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked thoroughly and liquid has cooked out, about 10 - 14 minutes. Mix milk, butter, and flour.  Stir in Parmesan and milk mixture.

Add chicken, if desired.  Mix well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment