Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Squash It!!

AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  Summer break!  I am finishing up a class this week so my break doesn't officially begin until Friday afternoon.  However, I had today off and decided to go somewhere I have never gone before.  Trader Joe's.  Yes, I went to a grocery store I had never been to before.  Please, don't judge me for this.  My life is simple and I like it that way.  Everyone at one work talks about Trader Joe's all the time.  I couldn't stand being the only one left on God's green earth who had never been there.  Hubby hadn't been there either, so he went along for the ride. He has decided to begin eating healthy again and had nothing else to do.  Plus, he was ready to get out for a while after being cooped up in the house all week recovering from his recent illness.  I walked away with some real yummies.  We left with some 5 grain almond bars (I can't wait to try these for breakfast in the morning), edamame, butternut squash, nectarines, and chicken and turkey patties.  I was DELIGHTED to find the butternut squash was already sliced up and ready to roast!  Have you ever cut up a butternut squash before?  You almost need dynamite to get into it!  With that being said, here's your next recipe!

Roasted Butternut Squash

Sliced and diced butternut squash
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder

Spread squash onto a foil covered pan.  Spray pan with olive oil.  Spray olive oil on top of the squash too.  Lightly sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

They look a little like sweet potatoes, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment