Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Kale Chips

I don't know why kale chips are called chips.  They don't look like chips at all.  A better name would be roasted kale leaves.  Anyway, I made some today.  My hubby was in the hospital last week with a severe case of pneumonia and dehydration.  He ended up being in the hospital for 5 days.  Once we came home, my brother and sister-in-law surprised us with a bouquet of fruit from Edible Arrangements.  I have learned that this beats out flowers any day of the week!  The pineapple, apples, and strawberries were my favorites, but I liked all of it.  As I took the arrangement apart, I learned there was kale underneath it.  YAY!  I can eat the kale too!  SO I took the opportunity to use it to make kale chips.  They are super easy to make!

Kale Chips

1 bag of kale
olive oil
salt or some kind of seasoning

Wash and pull the kale off the stems.  Spread it out on a foil lined pan that has been sprayed with olive oil.  Mist the kale with more olive oil.  Lightly sprinkle the seasoning of your choice on top and put it in the oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.  I used something called Mixed Up Salt.  It's a mix of salt and other seasonings.  A little garlic powder would be good too!  If you seal it in a container after it's cooked, it gets soft. Maybe you'd like it, but I don't care for it for that way.  For me, crispy is the way to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment