Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Let's Crank Up The Grill!

I was watching a cooking show this morning.  I don't know the name of it, but the guy named Clinton who used to be on What Not To Wear is on it.  They made a recipe that looked really good.  I went to the store to get the 3 main ingredients they used, but after I got back home, I started thinking I should have gotten some yellow squash and asparagus to put in with this.  I'm trying that next time.  I don't even know what this recipe is called.  I didn't watch the whole show.  I can't sit still that long.  They cooked theirs in the oven, but I don't know the temperature or time.  If I had to guess, I would say 425 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.  Like I said, I didn't watch the whole show.  I'm cooking mine on the grill with some salmon.  Less kitchen clean up is ALWAYS a plus!  I suppose I'll call it Grilled Peppers, Onions, and Zucchini.  Let me know if you can think of something snazzier.  I would also like it if you could let me know what other veggies you think might be good to add to this.  My creative juices aren't exactly flowing right now.  The brain is about to be on vacation and it has started to shut down!

Grilled Peppers, Onions, and Zucchini

3 - 4 zucchini
1 red pepper
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
olive oil
pepper
garlic powder
Mrs. Dash

I cut the zucchini into lengthwise quarters and then cut the quarters into about 3 inch chunks.  I sliced the red pepper up into strips.  You can really use any color pepper you want.  Next, I took my kitchen shears and chopped up the scallions.  I spread some olive oil on a large sheet of tin foil and put all the veggies on top of it.  I topped the veggies with a little more olive oil, pepper, garlic powder, and Mrs Dash.  Wrap the foil up tightly. Place on the grill for 15 minutes, turn the packet over, and grill for 15 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment