Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Have You Missed Me?

It's been a while since I've had the opportunity to post.  I found out I was going to have to have surgery and my time was taken up with trying to prepare for the end of school and getting everything ready for a sub to take care of my class for the last 2 weeks of school.  I was also trying to cook some meals for the freezer so hubby wouldn't have to do everything.  Plus, I was trying to get as much done around the house as possible because I would not be able to lift anything for a while. After the surgery, my Sunday School class and friends prepared meals for us every night for a week.  I have the best friends ever!  Hubby has even been a very good nurse, cook, etc.

Tonight I was able to make a new meal.  I made Chicken Kabobs!  They were really good and I'm excited to share the recipe with you.  I didn't have any zucchini so I used 2 yellow squash instead.  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!


Chicken Kabobs

 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 medium onion
1 carton of whole white mushrooms
6 – 8 skewers soaked in water for 10 minutes

  
Marinade

 1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper

Cut chicken into large chunks and marinade in sauce for 30 minutes.  Cut zucchini and squash into large chunks.  Cut onion into quarter chunks and separate pieces.  Make a pattern of veggies and meat onto the skewers.  Lay skewers onto foil sprayed with a cooking spray.  Pour remaining marinade over the skewers and wrap into a foil package.  Place package on the grill and cook for 12 minutes on each side.



No comments:

Post a Comment