Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Cravings


 We found out a few weeks ago that my daughter is pregnant with baby #3!  When I went to visit her last weekend, she told me she was craving Oriental Cole Slaw.  You know when a pregnant lady craves something, they should have it.  At least, that's my theory.  Especially when that lady is my daughter.  Tonight I made the recipe and in the morning, I'll pour the dressing over it.  Then I'll head out to see the cutest little family in Georgia!


Oriental Cole Slaw

Dressing (make the night before):

1 cup of oil
½ cup of sugar
1/3 cup of vinegar
2 beef seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles

Salad

1       1 lb. bag of  shredded cabbage/slaw mix
2       packages of Beef flavored Ramen Noodles – crushed
1       cup of slivered almonds
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1 cup of sunflower seeds

Crush the uncooked noodles and spread over the cole slaw mix.  Toss together.  Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad mix.  Stir and serve.

(I usually put the dressing over the slaw about an hour ahead of time.)

 Tiffany was so excited when I arrived with her Oriental Cole Slaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment