Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Addictions


Pinterest  has become my latest addiction.  I have so many boards and a gazillion pins.  O.K.  maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but not by much.   I get so many great ideas.  I just wish I had the time to do all of them.  My grandchildren and students have benefited the most from this web site because most of the things I have made have been for them.  My grandchildren got some pool / beach coverups with their names embroidered on them for Easter, they made special Christmas ornaments for their parents, grandparents, and great-grandparent, I have made many games for my school children, and the list goes on and on.  A couple of days ago I found a recipe for almond cookies.  I made them tonight for the hubby and myself. They aren't super sweet, but if you like the taste of almond, you will like these.

Almond Cookies

Blend:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. almond extract

Combine these ingredients in a bowl and mix well.

In a separate bowl mix:
2 cups plain flour        OR               You can use 2 cups of self rising flour and NOT
1/2 tsp. baking powder                        use the baking powder and salt.
1/4 tsp. salt
sliced almonds

Add the flour mixture 2 Tablespoons at a time to the wet ingredients until completely combined.

Roll into small balls and flatten slightly. Cook for 9 minutes (they will not look done) at 400 degrees on a lightly greased pan or parchment-lined pan. Cool cookies until they are just warm, but place sliced almonds on top of each cookie as soon as they are removed from the oven. Drizzle a spoonful of glaze on top of the almonds and cookie.  This will help keep the almonds in place.

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract
1 Tb. water


No comments:

Post a Comment