Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Feeling A Little LOCO!

Saturday I was thinking about my weekly menu.  I'm tired of all the regular stuff we keep having.  I'm in a rut and I don't like it, but I've been so busy and tired from work, I haven't had the energy to put too much thought into meals.  This weekend I decided to invest a little time.  Last night we had oven fried pork chops and tonight we had a Mexican chicken salad.  Even my husband commented on how good it was and that we haven't had it in a while.  I shredded up some leftover chicken for this.  Tomorrow night we'll be having ground chicken patties!


Taco Loco

 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 Tb. oil
½ red pepper, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded lettuce
Shredded cheese
Sour cream  (optional)
Salsa  (optional)
Black olives  (optional)
Jalapenos  (optional)
Guacamole  (optional)
Azteca Salad Shells

Prepare salad shells as directed on package.  Cool for 2 minutes before filling.
Place oil, onion, and pepper in a pot and cook until tender.  Add chicken, salt, and pepper.  Mix well.  Cook until hot over low heat.  Add tomatoes and steam for a couple of minutes.
Place lettuce in salad shells.  Top with chicken mixture, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, salsa, olives, and / or jalapenos.  


No comments:

Post a Comment