Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

What Should We Have For Dinner?

I got up this morning trying to decide what to fix for dinner.  I hate deciding what to cook for dinner.  Sometimes I feel like I'm making the same things over and over.  I wish there was a dinner fairy that would tell me what my family would want to eat by dinner time.  It would be really nice if that dinner fairy would do the shopping, cooking, and cleaning too.  Oh well, back to reality.  I went through my freezer to see if anything appealed to me.  I found half a pork tenderloin that told me I should cook it.  I cut some of it up into cubes to make a Cashew pork Stir-fry.  The rest was cut into boneless pork chops for dinner tomorrow night.  I also made some fried rice to go with the stir-fry.  I already have the fried rice recipe on the blog.  There will also be enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow!


Cashew Pork Stir-fry


¾ pounds of boneless lean pork, cut into cubes
1 Tb. stir-fry sauce
2 Tb. oil
2 stalks of celery cut into ½” pieces
1 onion, sliced
1 green or red pepper, ½” pieces
8 oz. fresh whole mushrooms cut into quarters
2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
¼ cup more stir-fry sauce
½ cup cashews

Heat 1 Tb. of oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.  Add pork and 2 Tb. stir-fry sauce.  Cook for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.  Add celery, onion, pepper, and cashews.  Cook for 3 more minutes.  Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and ¼ cup stir-fry sauce.  Cook until mushrooms are completely cooked.  Serve with rice or over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment