Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

According to my son, my grandmother always made the best pumpkin pie ever.  I don't eat pumpkin pie so I'm not the best judge of a good one or a bad one.  Several years ago I thought I would give making a pumpkin pie a try.  My grandmother told me how she made hers and I followed her directions.  She told me it was so easy that there was no way to mess it up.  Famous last words.  I proudly presented the pie to my son to get his opinion.  He took a couple of bites and told me I should, "leave the pumpkin pie making to Grandma." Well, that pie went straight into the trash can.  For a number of years I took my son's advice and let Grandma make the pumpkin pies.  Then one day I found a recipe called Perfect Pumpkin Pie.  I thought I'd give it a try and if it wasn't any good, I'd give up the quest.  This one passed the test.  So, in case you are like me and the pumpkin pies you have made in the past stink, there is hope.  Try this pie recipe and see how you like it.


Perfect Pumpkin Pie

1  15oz. can of pumpkin
1  14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
½ tsp. salt
1  9 inch unbaked pie crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices, and salt until smooth.  Pour into crust and bake for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35 – 40 minutes until knife inserted 1” from the crust comes out clean.  Cool. Refrigerate leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment