Pages

Saturday, September 2, 2017

A New Twist for Ravioli

If you have been following me for any length of time, you'll know that 98% of my recipes are quick and easy.  This one falls into the other 2%.  The only reason I made this recipe is because this is Labor Day weekend so I have more time for this kind of recipe.  It's also the first time I have gone to the grocery store in about 2 weeks and I was able to pick up all the ingredients! It's not a difficult recipe, but it is a little time consuming. I bought a 25 oz. bag of ravioli and used half of it because I couldn't find a small bag.  I hope you enjoy it!

Butternut-Squash Ravioli

2 shallots, finely chopped
1 Tb. minced garlic
1/2 lb. ground beef or mild sausage
3 cups chicken broth
1 small bag of frozen ravioli (cheese or meat) 
1 butternut squash (pre-cook)
2 Tb. butter
3 cups of fresh spinach
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 

Before you begin this recipe, you'll need to bake a butternut squash in the oven scrape the squash out of the skin.  Combine shallots, garlic, and meat in a large pot.  Brown completely.  Remove from pot and place in a mini food processor.  Chop until well blended and fine.  Pour in chicken broth in the pot and bring to a boil.  Add in ravioli and cook for 6-7 minutes.  Add in butternut squash and cook for 6-7 more minutes until liquid is absorbed.  Reduce heat to a simmer and add in meat mixture, butter, and spinach.  Let cook for another 5 minutes.  Stir in cheese and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment