The grands came to visit today!! They are the sweetest little people I know! They also like to help in the kitchen. I found this recipe on the internet and saved it just for them. They each chose a color and told me where they wanted it in the layering. This is their creation! They are so excited to have it for dessert tonight! My little chickies were also excited to eat the leftover Peeps!
Rice Krispy Peep Treats
4 tablespoons butter or margarine (divided into 4 equal pieces)
4 3-ounce packages Marshmallow Peeps (in 4 different colors)
6 cups Crispy Rice cereal (divided)
- Prepare an 8-9" loaf pan by spraying lightly with cooking spray.
- Divide the Peeps by 10s of the same color - 10 pink, 10 yellow, etc.
- In a deep, medium sized microwaveable dish, microwave 10 of the same color peeps with 1 tablespoon of butter on high for 45 seconds. Spray your spatula with cooking spray. Stir butter and Peeps together until fully melted and mixed.
- Stir in 1½ cups of cereal until fully coated. Press firmly into the loaf pan.
- Repeat steps 3-4 with the other Peeps colors.
- Allow to cool completely (1-2 hours) before slicing.
Makes 8 – 16 servings