Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Nachos!



 School may be out and I might have more time to cook, but I really don't enjoy spending my time cooking.  I'd rather be doing fun summer time things, spending time with friends, or sharing my essential oils.  The fact is though, we have to eat and I do enjoy eating.  So, I looked in the refrigerator and saw I had a pack of ground beef waiting on me.  Lots of different recipes ran through my mind, but nothing made me excited.  I looked in the pantry and saw a bag of tortilla chips I bought a couple of days ago and it hit me.  Make NACHOS!!!!!!!!!  Simple, quick, and easy!  Plus, I had 2 lbs of ground beef and I cooked it all.  That means I can use half of the ground beef for dinner tonight and the other pound for dinner tomorrow night.  I'm thinking spaghetti for tomorrow night.  But tonight, I made nachos ... delicious nachos!  Plus, there's enough left over for lunch tomorrow!

Beef and Bean Nachos

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
¾ cup of water
1 bag tortilla chips
Shredded cheese
Diced tomatoes
Diced red pepper
Finely chopped green tops from scallions
Sliced black olives
Sour cream
Hot sauce, optional
Jalapenos, optional
doTERRA Cilantro Essential Oil, if desired

Brown your ground beef and drain.  Return the meat to the pan and add the taco seasoning, refried beans, and water.  Cover and cook over low heat for about 8-10 min.  If you choose to add Cilantro, add one drop of Cilantro Essential oil after you remove it from the heat and mix well.  Arrange the tortilla chips on a plate and top with the mixture.  Top with tomatoes, peppers, scallions, olives, hot sauce, cheese, and jalapenos. Place in the microwave for 1 minute to melt cheese.  Add sour cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment