Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Night Time Prep

Every night after dinner, I have to start thinking about breakfast and lunch for the next day.  Sometimes breakfast might be as simple as a cup of yogurt with some granola, or the spinach quiche I posted about last time, but no matter what I prepare, it has to be quick the next morning.  It's even better if I can eat it on the way to work!  I've been hearing a lot about mason jar meals and thought I would try it.  I didn't mind the jar being in the refrigerator, but I hated carrying it around with me.  Tomorrow morning I'm going to put my overnight breakfast concoction in a Tupperware type bowl.  I think that might work better for me.  If I drop it, I don't have to worry about a mess that might cut someone.  The first time I made it, it was a little bland.  This time I jazzed it up a little bit!  I hope you like it!



Overnight Oatmeal

½ cup of quick cook oatmeal
½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp. chia seeds
1 Tb. sugar free syrup
½ tsp. cinnamon

Combine all the ingredients in a storage bowl or a jar.  Stir and refrigerate overnight.  Microwave for 1 – 1 ½ minutes or eat cold.  Add more fruit if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment