Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Say Cheeeese!



     I was looking through my file and found this recipe for cheese balls.  The only thing I don't like about cheese balls is when I try to cut a piece off to spread onto a cracker, it's always awkward.  Plus it holds up the guests behind you.  I came up with a solution for this problem.  I took this recipe and rolled it into 6 dozen individual cheese balls!  Now the guests can put one on their plate and not inconvenience anyone.
     I have a baby shower and a jewelry party coming up soon. This recipe made enough little cheese balls for both events.  They'll look beautiful once they're on a platter!  I can't wait to share with you the other things I'm making for the shower.  The shower is in 2 weeks, so stay tuned!

Cheese Balls

2 - 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese
16 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
16 oz. mild cheddar, shredded
1 lb. Velveeta
1 Tb. Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion, finely chopped
Pecans and parsley, finely chopped and mixed together

Let cheeses reach room temperature.  I put on plastic gloves and squished it all together until creamy.  Add Worcestershire sauce and onions.  Mix well.  You can either divide the mixture into 4 large cheese balls or make 6 dozen miniature cheese balls.  Roll cheese balls in the pecan and parsley mixture.  They can be stored in the refrigerator for two weeks or in the freezer for 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment