Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Good Friends, Good Food



Over my Christmas Break, I attended a party with some of my school friends. One of the many delicious foods that was shared was something called Funeral Sandwiches.  I have no idea why they would be called that, but they were really good.  My friend said she found the recipe on Pinterest.  Of course she did.  She finds EVERYTHING on Pinterest ... don't you Jennifer?  Everything she finds is fabulous.  I made them tonight for tomorrow night's dinner.  What I like the best is that you can make them the night before, put them in the refrigerator, and pull them out the following night.  Then you just have to pop them in the oven for 15 minutes.  It's as good as using the crockpot!  I'll post the picture tomorrow night.

Funeral Sandwiches

1 package of King's Hawaiian Rolls
1/2-1 lb. good ham deli meat
Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. mustard
2 T. brown sugar
dash of onion powder


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the rolls in half and line the bottom of a baking pan with the bottoms of the rolls. Layer the ham slices, then cheese and place the top half back on.  Mix the butter, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar and onion powder together. Pour the mixture over the buns, covering each one well. Cover with Saran wrap and marinade between  4 to 24 hours.  Bake for 15 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese is melted and bun tops are a bit golden.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment