Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

For the Monkeys In My Life


Do you like to eat bananas?  I don't.  I don't like the way they feel in my mouth when you chew them up.  I feel the same way about cottage cheese.  GROSS!  Strangely enough though, I do like banana bread and banana flavored candy.  Just one more of my little oddities.  I bought bananas last week and put them in a paper bag to ripen.  They didn't ripen fast enough so I put the apples I was going to use in hubby's apple pie in with the bananas to help ripen them faster.  Did you know that apples release a gas that ripen bananas quickly?  So next time you put fresh fruit in a bowl, don't put the apples next to the bananas.  However, if you forget, you can always make banana bread.

Banana Bread

3 bananas, mashed
1 cup of sugar
½ cup shortening
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups of self rising flour
½ cup chopped pecans

Mix bananas, sugar, and shortening until creamy.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour and pecans.  Spray a loaf pan with Baker’s Joy.  Pour mixture into a loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment