Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear God, Just Get Me Through This Week!

This is the last week at school before Christmas Break.  The schools now refer to it as Winter Break.  Except for me.  I will always refer to it as CHRISTMAS Break.  Last week the kids were CRAAAAZY!  I can only imagine what this week will bring.  I thought I had better prepare after last week so I made out the menu for Monday through Friday.  You'll notice the dinners get easier as the week goes on because I know my energy level will drop daily.  I hope this will help to get you through this week too!  Merry Christmas!

Monday - Taco Ring - pre-cook your meat today to make it easier on you tomorrow.
                                  *I'll post a pic after I make it.
Tuesday - Breakfast
Wednesday - Baked potatoes with toppings
Thursday - Chili
Friday - DiGiorno Pizza with chicken wings- They were on sale at Kroger today AND I had a coupon.


Taco Ring

1 lb. ground beef
1 package (1.25 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
2 T. water
2 8-oz packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 c. salsa (optional)
3 c. lettuce, shredded

1 medium tomato, diced
¼ c. onion, chopped (optional)
½ c. pitted ripe olives - sliced

sour cream

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375°. Brown the ground beef, then drain. Add taco season and simmer.
Unroll the crescent dough; separate into triangles. Arrange triangles in a circle on a pizza pan with the wide ends toward the center of the pan, overlapping each other. It will look like a large sun with the points hanging half off the pan.
There should be a 5 or 6 inch opening in the center. Spoon the meat mixture evenly onto widest end of each triangle. Bring points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough. (Filling will not be completely covered). Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.

Shred lettuce, and dice tomato and onions. Slice the olives. Arrange salad items in the center of the ring.

1 comment: