Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Devil Made Me Do It!

Some of you may not be old enough to understand the title of this post.  If that's you, ask your parents.  They'll remember who Flip Wilson and his character Geraldine were.  He was a hilarious comedian and had some great characters that he portrayed.  I even had a Flip Wilson / Geraldine doll when I was a kid.  It had Flip Wilson on one side and Geraldine on the other.  When you pulled a string, a recorded Flip Wilson line would be said.  I received the doll as a Christmas present from my grandparents.  My younger cousin was so mad at me.  My grandmother always bought us the same thing and my cousin did not want a Flip Wilson doll.  I thought it was only fair.  I didn't want the clock toy that taught you how tell time.  We got that gift because my cousin was having trouble telling time.  This little trip down memory lane has nothing to do with this post, but the title was the first thing I thought of when I decided to post the recipe for deviled eggs.

It seems that at every holiday gathering we have deviled eggs.  Is that true in your family too?  I always like to make sure we have leftovers of deviled eggs because I use the extra to make tuna salad the next day.  All the ingredients in the deviled eggs are also in the tuna salad I make.  It's up to you as to how many you need to make.  I don't measure the ingredients.  I just scoop the ingredients and mix them until it looks right.

Deviled Eggs

Hard boiled eggs
Mayo
Pickle relish
Salt & pepper to taste
Paprika

Boil as many eggs as needed.  Slice eggs in half and lay on a plate.  Put yolks in a bowl and mash with a fork.  Add mayo and stir until creamy.  Add relish to your taste.  I only use a little sprinkle of salt and pepper.  Fill the eggs with the mixture and sprinkle paprika on top for color.  Chill.


No comments:

Post a Comment